The EB-4 category is for special immigrant religious workers.
To qualify under this category:
- You must be a member of a religious organization that has a non-profit religious unit in the U.S.
- You must have been working in the religious organization for at least two years before applying to the U.S. for immigration.
- You must be entering the U.S. to work in one of the following capacities:
- As a minister or priest of a religious organization.
- In a religious vocation or occupation for a religious organization that requires you to have a bachelor’s degree or its foreign equivalent.
- In a religious vocation or occupation for a religious organization or its non-profit affiliate. The term religious vocation refers to cantors, missionaries, religious instructors, etc.
Documents required for an EB-4 visa
If you are applying as a religious worker in the E-4 category, along with submitting Form I-360, you are required to provide the following documents:
- Proof that your religious organization is a non-profit organization.
- An official letter from your religious organization in the U.S. stating:
- That you have been a member of the denomination for at least two years.
- That you have at least two years experience in your vocation or occupation.
- How you will be paid for your work.
- That you do not intend to supplement your income with a second job, or depend on charity for support.
- Details of your proposed employment (explained in the table below).
|Type of Job
||The letter should state
|1. If you are a Minister:
||That you have been authorized to perform religious duties in general and should specify which duties you are authorized to perform.
|2. If you are a Religious Professional:
||That you have a U.S. bachelor’s degree or the foreign equivalent that is required for your religious profession. You must also submit an official academic record.
|3. If you are applying to work in the U.S. in another religious vocation or occupation:
||That you are qualified to work in that religious vocation or occupation. For example, if you are applying to work as a nun or a monk, you will need to provide evidence that you are a nun or a monk.
|4. If you are applying to work in the U.S. in a non-ministerial or non-professional capacity for a religious organization affiliated with a religious denomination:
||How the religious organization is affiliated with the denomination.